Monday, January 19, 2009

And so it begins

I recently got my hands on "Food Matters" by the great Mark Bittman of the New York Times Minimalist column as well as several great cookbooks.  Once through reading, it became clear to me that changing my eating habits could save me money and possibly even reduce global impact in addition to benefits to my health which I've been meaning to address for some time now. What will follow this post will be a photo essay documenting every piece of food I prepare and consume, and even what I eat out depending on how comfortable I feel with having to explain myself every time I photograph something prepared at a restaurant or bar.

Think of this as an unofficial visual companion to "Food Matters" with the occasional variations with respect to availability of ingredients or preference of taste.   To the urbane or the fooderati, the images to follow could be seen as pedestrian and possibly by-the-numbers dishes but that would miss the point as this is more about self discovery and visual reaffirmation of my change in behavior and eating habits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment